Saturday, August 16, 2008

hello 2008

So, I am finally catching up with technology. This year I learned how to text message, I joined facebook and now I have a blog! I also have an ipod and a blackberry but I don't use them so I won't include those in the list of victories. Dan has been trying to teach me to drive stick so maybe that will be the next thing I learn.

I think it is important to keep up with this technology so I don't become one of those old people who doesn't know how to program a VCR. I can already tell I am heading in that direction and it makes me feel old.

Another thing that makes me feel old is that I don't know any of the new music on the radio. A remix of "sweet home Alabama" came on the radio at the office the other day and I asked folks if it was John Cougar Melloncamp. This was apparently, a HYSTERICAL question. You see, this song was actually by Kid Rock and it is the song which is making critics take him "seriously". This truly is a new age that we are living in. I take comfort in the fact that Dan didn't know this either. However, when I told him that I thought the song was by John Cougar Melloncamp, he did correct me and tell me that he now goes by John Melloncamp. I suppose this correction makes Dan up-to-date through 1997 whereas I am still in 1996.

1 comment:

turbo2oh said...

haha just wanted to say this post was hilarious