Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009

Here are some of my 2008 highlights...

- Got married!
- Got a dog
- Got revenge on Kevin
- Dan moved in completely
- Started a new job with the same company
- Went on our Honeymoon in New England
- Went to Hilton Head
- Went to San Jose for Tobin's wedding and saw Giraffes
- Went to Sean and Bridgitte's wedding
- Made $10 in Fantasy Football
- Lost 30% of my retirement savings
- Started a blog
- Learned how to text message

Not too bad, it is hard to remember everything but it should be easier next year because I can peek at my blog if I keep this up.

Here are my New Year's resolutions / goals. As any good first line supervisor will tell you, goals should be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, have some Reach, and have a Timeframe).

- Save money for a down payment for a house. I have a specific amount in mind here but it is probably poor etiquite to say.

- Lose some weight. There is no way in Hell I am telling you how much I weigh and how much I want to weigh but again, I have a specific number in mind.

- Get the townhome in Laurel rented out.

- Have fun. We missed out on a couple things this past year because we were so busy and I want to make sure that doesn't happen too much this year. For example, I think we should try to get a Christmas tree next year. Also, we missed our company picnics, Octoberfest and the AC/DC concert.

2 comments:

Tobin said...

I thought you owned the house that you and Dan live in? Or do you mean that you want a full fledged house instead of a condo/townhouse?

Laura said...

For now, we are going to live in the condo/townhouse we own in Arlington (originally it was my home). We are going to rent out Dan's home in Laurel. We plan to eventually move to another home that will fit all of our stuff in the near future but probably not this year.