Wednesday, October 1, 2008

new fontiers

I finished making a seating chart that shows people where they are sitting at the wedding reception. It took a ridiculous amount of time. This is because I take my fonts very seriously. Most people think that I am a missile defense engineer but really, I am a power point engineer.

I estimate that I have spent 100 hours discussing fonts with people. This is because people like to be annoying and complain. They often do not understand enough about my analysis to comment on it so, they complain about the font. These comments have greatly decreased over the years because I have become a font savant (look, I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!).

A good font selection adds to the story you are trying to tell. Here are a few samples of my work...

I AM ANGRY!!!
i am timid
i am a robot
I am gay
I AM SHRINKING

See how a few changes to the font can add interest to you statements?

4 comments:

turbo2oh said...

can you seat me at the hawaiian tropic model table please?

Laura said...

you and bub will be sitting alone at a sweetheart table.

david said...

hahaha. i like your blog. what's the url for the wedding website again?

Laura said...

www.danandlauraswedding.com